Agency Workers Regulations (AWR)
Since 1 October 2011 the AWR has given temporary staff extra benefits and opportunities.
These benefits differ based on how long you have been working in your temporary role. Some examples of what you could be entitled to include;
From Day 1:
Full access to shared amenities and facilities e.g.
- Canteens and vending machines
- Staff areas and lockers
- Uniform if applicable
- Car parking and provision of transport services
- Toilets/shower room facilities, on site gym
- Mother and baby room and childcare facilities
- Prayer room
- Access to all relevant job vacancies
- Chance to apply directly for a full time or hired position at the company you are temping with
*list not exhaustive
From week 12:
- Equal pay (same as a permanent employee at the company you are temping with) bonuses, benefits and performance related commissions
- Equal holiday entitlement (same as a permanent employee at the company you are temping with)
- Rest breaks; number of and the length of breaks during the working day
- Opportunity to work different shifts and days where a permanent employee at the company has the same opportunities
- The same working day; not being asked to work more or less hours than a permanent employee
- Time off for antenatal appointments
NB: To qualify for the 12 weeks you must have worked 12 weeks in the same or similar role within the company
So, great news if you are already a temp!
Not a temp just yet?
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a successful career out of temping – contact your local Jobwise branch today to find out more about the opportunities available to you.