Working for a leading business within the distribution and logistics sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bond Manager to join this growing company. Offering excellent long term career opportunities and fantastic benefits package this role is paying a salary up to £35000.
About The Role:
· As the Bond Manager you will be the subject matter expert on supply chain-related fiscal authority process and routines compliance
· Select, train and motivate staff in the Excise function to meet both the departmental and business needs
· Ensure that the business has all the necessary customs and excise registrations (e.g. EORI, AEO), and guarantees in order to trade in a compliant manner
· Assisting on new projects relating to set up on new bonded warehouses in the UK
· Manage, co-ordinate and control the function to ensure conformity with HMRC regulations for the receipt, storage, internal movement and processing and delivery of both bulk and bottled products
· To manage and control the duty deferment account within the guarantee limit and to accurately pay and account for Excise and Customs Duty, Import VAT, Deferred VAT and environmental taxes
· Prepare monthly reconciliations
· Control, reconcile and maintain accurate records of all dutiable stocks on site in accordance with both HMRC regulations and business requirements
· Provide appropriate advice to management on Excise and Customs Duties, quotas and regulations to minimize costs in complying with HMRC requirements
Essential Skills & Experience
· CTA or other relevant accounting or tax qualification
· Degree qualification
· Demonstrable experience post qualified in practice or in-house
· Good Excel skills
· Excellent knowledge of UK Customs and Excise legislation and compliance
· Alcohol industry experience essential
· Knowledge of inco-terms and international trading.
· Experience with Customs & Excise Alcohol duty and AWRS compliance
· International customs and excise experience within a Bond Manager role
About The Benefits
· Mon-Fri Full time
· Loyalty Awards
· Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts)
· Life Assurance Employee
· Customer referral schemes
· 28 days holiday including stats
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to email@example.com
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.