A leading travel and events company are looking to expand their global IT team by recruiting an ICT System Support engineer to join the business. The role will be based within the UK in the Manchester office and will be a standalone role, providing 1st Level & 2nd Level end user and system support on the portfolio of all technical solutions provided to the users & customers across 22 countries & 50 offices. The ideal person will be highly resilient, able to remain calm and stable under pressure and have excellent interpersonal skills to provide support for end users and applications and then investigate, understand, troubleshoot & resolve issues.
Great package on offer with a salary of up to £30,000pa for the right person.
· To provide 1st Level & 2nd Level end user and system support on the portfolio of all technical solutions provided to the global users base. The communication with the users needing support will be either direct (in the office you are working from), by e-mail (they are using a Global Helpdesk system) or by the telephone.
· The post will require close daily contact with the Manager, Global ICT Helpdesk & the IT Lead for guidance.
· Install and configure network switches, routers and firewalls
· Install and administrate servers, laptops and PCs including operating systems and applications
· Configure and administrate Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) data appliances
· Install and configure operating systems and applications
· Perform system backups and recovery
· Develop, document installation, configuration procedures and network topologies
· Apply software security patches and upgrades
· Configure and maintain the company’s network and server infrastructure operating systems to comply with corporate IT policies and directives
· Maintaining the security and integrity of the company’s IT systems
· Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
· Ensure that software license terms are not breached
Experience & proven hands-on knowledge:
· Managing users (includes MACD; move, add, change & delete) within an environment based on virtual desktop solution (such as Terminal Services & Citrix XenApp v7.x) as well with local PC configurations within a Microsoft Active Directory framework (including the usage of PowerShell scripts and GPO’s). All user are setup based on the Office365-suite products and are supported locally and remotely by using tools such as Citrix Director / Quick Assist & LogMeIn
· Setting up and configure all types of desktop end-user equipment and keep the asset management database up to date. For PC rollout, SCCM is used and manual installations there where required.
· Work within IP based networks including the configuration of equipment. Understand the setup and maintenance of network cabling and rack design in the office. Have some knowledge of the connectivity of switches and routers (for troubleshoot purpose)
· Follow up on monitoring by using tools such as PRTG relating both on-prem resources and within Azure Cloud setup
· MACD (move, add, change, delete) in relation to Telephony PBX and VOIP technologies including voice call routing, call recording installed in the office. Knowledge of an Asterisks system is good to have. There is 3rd party supplier support for issue escalations if required.
· Virtualisation software (VMware) – using/managing VM’s
· Enterprise server operating systems (OS) (Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019 & Linux)
· MS Exchange 2010 Hybrid setup with Office365.
· SAN/NAS – monitoring and storage assignments
· Travel industry application knowledge is good to have, such as Amadeus Selling Platform or Tavelport’s Smartpoint. If there is no experience with that, training will be provided
Qualities and Skills Required
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Good administration, planning and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload). Change, Incident & Problem management
· Highly focused on attention to detail and quality orientation
· Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement
· Ability to work on multiple tasks in isolation and within a team
· Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· A positive and proactive attitude
· Provide support for end users and applications. Investigate, understand, troubleshoot & resolve issues
· A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner
· Desirable qualifications (non-essential): Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE, VMware: VCAP, Cisco: CCNA/CCNP
· Desirable Travel industry application knowledge (non-essential): Amadeus Selling Platform and/or Travelport’s Smartpoint
· Willing and able to travel to other locations when required
About The Benefits
· Salary of up to £30,000pa
· 22 days holidays that increase with service up to a maximum of 25 days
· Free parking
· Monday to Friday – Full time hours
· Reward scheme
· Training and personal development opportunities
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to email@example.com
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.