We are currently recruiting for a Litigator for one of Liverpool’s fasted growing law firms. This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary dependent on experience.
Hours of work: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
About The Role:
· Managing a civil litigation caseload from inception to conclusion, to include claims against financial advisers and insulation companies in negligence and in contract
· Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt
· Providing support and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team
· Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proofs of evidence to be used in the case
· Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements
· Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone
· Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required
· Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
· Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required
· Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011
· Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
· Effective use of Case Management System
· Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
· Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
· Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
· Any other duties as required
Essential Skills & Experience
· Solicitor Qualification or Cilex or Substantial Litigation Experience is a must
· Candidates must litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC’s and making applications
· Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track Litigation experience as a must
· Candidates must have instructed and attended conference with counsel
· Effective communication with individual and business contacts
About The Benefits
· Competitive basic salary
· 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
· Company sponsored Health Cash Plan
· Modern office in excellent city centre location
· Friendly, professional and supportive culture
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to Jobwise today!
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.
Jobwise Ltd is an employment agency and the details sent in your application may be stored on our secure database.